Wefarm is the world’s largest knowledge network and marketplace for small-scale farmers. Using Wefarm they can share and access vital info, products and services without needing any access to the internet.
Small-scale agriculture is the biggest industry on earth, with more than a billion farmers globally supplying 80% of the world's food and commodities, yet remaining digitally unconnected. No one has built a platform for this… until Wefarm.
Since our launch in 2015 we have grown to have 1.3 million farmers using Wefarm who share more than 1.5 million Qs & As a month (that’s about 1 every second!). Wefarm has raised investment from some of the world’s leading VCs, including True Ventures in Silicon Valley, and looking to add to our world class team that’s based in London, Nairobi, Kampala and Dar-es-Salaam.
Join us and be a part of our mission to build an ecosystem for global agriculture with the farmer in the centre.
About the Role
As part of our next stage of growth, we are looking for an experienced data driven marketer to play a key role in scaling the company.
You will transition marketing at Wefarm from user acquisition focus to a foundation of the company’s growth across users, major international brands, retailers and marketplaces and all aspects of the company, managing the existing global team and scaling it.
More specifically you will:
- Execute - You will have a strong bias to action to lead marketing strategy and delivery at Wefarm, reviewing existing channels and strategies, with a mandate to turbo-charge it where needed and lead Wefarm through the next phase of growth and commercialization.
- Build - You will be a key member of the team responsible for building a global platform for the world’s biggest industry, that is currently largely offline. As a leader within the company, you will sit on the senior leadership team and support the building of a company as well as the marketing function.
- Collaborate - You will work closely with Wefarm product and commercial teams to ensure collaboration on all parts of the user funnel. Marketing will support all areas, from user acquisition (viral, paid, and social means) to retention and revenue generation.
- Hire and Develop - Supporting both the hiring of top-level talent and the coaching and development of our existing team. Working alongside the finance team to define KPIs and ensure the entire team and wider company understands marketing strategy, priorities and progress
The ideal candidate for this role would be an experienced marketing leader, with at least 10 years of direct experience (ideally with some experience of the emerging markets in which Wefarm operates).
More specifically you are:
- A Leader - You’ll have a strong track record of managing people, achieving ambitious business objectives, and setting strategy. But you are also able to roll your sleeves up and be involved day to day.
- Innovative - You understand the limitations (and possibilities) of working for a startup, with the motivation and resourcefulness to help us scale, and thrive in diverse environments, working across multiple different cultures and markets( we currently operate across three different markets and 8 different languages).
- Enthusiastic - You are passionate about Wefarm and our mission of creating a global digital ecosystem, and the product possibilities. You will take our marketing function from a vertical user acquisition focus to integrate horizontally across all our teams and products.
- Data and analytics-driven - you have the mind of a scientist and will work closely with our product, data science and in-country marketing teams to create growth and acquisition strategies that scale Wefarm from 1.5m users to 100m users and drive significant revenue.
Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.